Maintenance of Certification
The Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program of the American Board of Internal Medicine promotes continuous learning and improvement of one’s clinical judgment, in an effort to improve patient care. IDSA and HIVMA support this goal and offer six online MOC modules. Participants can earn 10-15 points toward the requirements for self-evaluation of medical knowledge for each module completed and a maximum of 10.0-15.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ per module. MOC modules are reviewed and updated annually, as needed.
IDSA and HIVMA MOC modules available:
- Adult Vaccines 2015: Expires December 2019
- General Infectious Diseases 2018: Expires October 2021
- Hepatitis C 2015: Expires December 2019 - free to IDSA members
- HIV Medicine in Clinical Practice: Expires December 2019
- Infection Control: Expires October 2020 - designated as an ABIM Patient Safety activity
- Travel and Tropical Medicine: Expires December 2019
IDSA and HIV MOC modules are currently unavailable for purchase until the new LMS launches in July 2019.
ABIM's MOC Requirements:
- Every 10 years: Board Exam
- Every 5 years: 100 MOC points
- Every 2 years: Some MOC activity