- IDSA Treatment Guidelines
Practice guidelines on the treatment and management of patients with COVID-19 infection.
- NIH Treatment Guidelines
Guidelines from the National Institutes of Health, updated July 17.
- IDSA Diagnostic Guidelines
Guidelines for clinicians, clinical microbiologists, patients and policymakers.
- IDSA Infection Prevention Guidelines
Guidelines on infection prevention when caring for patients with suspected or known COVID-19.
- Sanford Guide COVID Overview
A frequently-updated clinical resource.
- University of Washington Clinical Resources
Policies and protocols developed by University of Washington Medical.
- Johns Hopkins Point-of-Care Guide
Treatment guide from John Hopkins Medicine.
- Mass General Inpatient Care Recommendations
Treatment guide from Massachusetts General Hospital.
- University of Washington IDEA COVID-19 Treatment Resource
Curated information on investigational and emergency-use treatment options.
- Evidence on Pharmaceutical Treatments
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists chart review of evidence on pharmaceutical treatments for COVID-19.
- University of Washington Remdesivir Treatment Overview
Summary, prescribing information and slide decks.
- Remdesivir for 5 or 10 Days in Patients with Severe COVID-19
Article published May 27 in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Remdesivir for the Treatment of COVID-19 — Preliminary Report
Preliminary findings from NIAID-backed trial, published May 22 in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- What You Need to Know: Remdesivir for the Commercial Marketplace
Fact sheet from HHS’s Office of Preparedness and Response (ASPR).
- Allocation of Commercially Available Remdesivir by Jurisdiction
Details on HHS’s allocation of remdesivir to states, territories and agencies.
- Gilead Remdesivir Compassionate Use Policy
Individual compassionate use requests for pregnant women and children under 18 with confirmed COVID-19.
- FDA Issues Emergency Use Authorization For Remdesivir
May 1 news release announcing an EUA for remdesivir for COVID-19 treatment.
- The Lancet - Remdesivir in adults with severe COVID-19: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter trial
April 29 article on Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences-sponsored trial.
- Remdesivir Clinical Trials
Listings from ClinicalTrials.Gov.
- Roche provides an update on the phase III COVACTA trial of Actemra/RoActemra in hospitalised patients with severe COVID-19 associated pneumonia
July 29 press release announcing failure to meet primary endpoint.
- Tocilizumab for severe COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis
Literature review published July 23 in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents.
- Impact of low dose tocilizumab on mortality rate in patients with COVID-19 related pneumonia
Article published June 2020 in the European Journal of Internal Medicine.
- Tocilizumab Treatment for Cytokine Release Syndrome in Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients: Survival and Clinical Outcomes
Article published June 15 in Chest.
- Tocilizumab for treatment of mechanically ventilated patients with COVID-19
Article published July 11 in Clinical Infectious Diseases.
- Practical aspects of targeting IL-6 in COVID-19 disease
Article published May 14 in the Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine.
- Supportive Treatment with Tocilizumab for COVID-19: A Systematic Review
Article published April 21 in the Journal of Clinical Virology.
- Current evidence for directed and supportive investigational therapies against COVID-19
Article published April 30 in the African Journal of Thoracic and Critical Care Medicine.
- Sanofi and Regeneron provide update on Kevzara® (sarilumab) Phase 3 U.S. trial in COVID-19 patients
July 2 press release announcing failure to meet primary and key secondary endpoints.
- IL-6 Inhibitors Clinical Trials
Listings from ClinicalTrials.Gov.
- Interleukin-1 blockade with high-dose anakinra in patients with COVID-19, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and hyperinflammation: a retrospective cohort study
Article published June 2020 in Lancet Rheumatology.
- Use of Anakinra to Prevent Mechanical Ventilation in Severe COVID-19: A Case Series
Article published June 30 in Arthritis Rheumatology.
- Dexamethasone in Hospitalized Patients with Covid-19 — Preliminary Report
Study published July 17 in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- The role of corticosteroids in the management of critically ill patients with COVID-19
Preprint posted April 22 on MedRxiv.
- Inhaled corticosteroids and COVID-19: a systematic review and clinical perspective
Article published April 27 in the European Respiratory Journal.
- COVID-19 and treatment with NSAIDs and corticosteroids: Should we be limiting their use in the clinical setting?
Article published March 30 in Ecancermedicalscience.
- COVID-19 Infection and Glucocorticoids: Update From the Italian Society of Endocrinology Expert Opinion on Steroid Replacement in Adrenal Insufficiency
Article published April 25 in the Journal of Endocrinological Investigation.
- Retrospective Multicenter Cohort Study Shows Early Interferon Therapy Is Associated with Favorable Clinical Responses in COVID-19 Patients
Article published July 18 in Cell Host & Microbe.
- Synairgen Announcement on Interferon Beta-1b Trial Results
July 20 press release announcing initial results from its trial of SNG001 in
hospitalized COVID-19 patients.
- Triple combination of interferon beta-1b, lopinavir-ritonavir, and ribavirin in the treatment of patients admitted to hospital with COVID-19
Article published May 30 in The Lancet.
- Efficacy and safety of interferon beta-1a in treatment of severe COVID-19: A randomized clinical trial
Preprint posted May 30 on MedRxiv.
- An experimental trial of recombinant human interferon alpha nasal drops to prevent COVID-19 in medical staff in an epidemic area
Preprint posted May 7 on MedRxiv.
- Interferon-a2b treatment for COVID-19
Preprint posted April 10 on MedRxiv.
- Recommendations for Investigational COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma
FDA guidance for health care providers and investigators.
- Expanded Access to Convalescent Plasma for the Treatment of Patients with COVID-19
Protocol and physician registration materials from the national Expanded Treatment Program.
- COVID Plasma Donation Information
An AABB resource to inform the health care community and the public on the rapidly evolving therapy of COVID-19 convalescent plasma.
- Convalescent Plasma Clinical Trials
Listings from ClinicalTrials.Gov.
Therapeutics Under Early Investigation
- Effect of Colchicine vs Standard Care on Cardiac and Inflammatory Biomarkers and Clinical Outcomes in Patients Hospitalized With Coronavirus Disease 2019
Trial results published June 24 in JAMA.
- Colchicine for the Treatment of Myocardial Injury in Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)—An Old Drug With New Life?
Commentary published June 24 in JAMA.
- Monoclonal Antibodies for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19
Viewpoint published June 15 in JAMA.
- Enlisting Monoclonal Antibodies in the Fight Against COVID-19
NIH Director’s Blog post published May 21.
- University of Nebraska Medical Proning Protocol
Proning considerations and procedural recommendations.
- Awake prone positioning for non-intubated oxygen dependent COVID-19 pneumonia patients
Article published July 23 in European Respiratory Journal.
- Guidance and Patient Instructions for Proning and Repositioning of Awake, Nonintubated COVID-19 Patients
Article published June 29 in Academic Emergency Medicine.
- IDSA Recommendations for Diagnostic Testing Prioritization
Recommendations given current limited availability of point-of-care testing.
- Protocols for Verifying EUA COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests
Step-by-step verification procedures developed by the American Society for Microbiology.
- IDSA Guidance on COVID-19 Sample Pooling
Guidance developed by IDSA on key considerations for sample pooling.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Facilitating Diagnostic Test Availability for Asymptomatic Testing and Sample Pooling
FDA guidance issued June 16.
- FDA Issues First Emergency Authorization for Sample Pooling in Diagnostic Testing
July 18 EUA for the use of the Quest SARS-CoV-2 rRT-PCR test for pooled samples containing up to four individual swab specimens collected under observation.
- IDSA COVID-19 Antibody Testing Primer
Background, recommendations and resources for antibody testing.
- Protocols for Verifying EUA COVID-19 Antibody Tests
Step-by-step verification procedures developed by the American Society for Microbiology for serologic assays.
- CDC Interim Guidelines for COVID-19 Antibody Testing
Recommendations and resources from the CDC.
- CDC Antibody Testing Guidance
Guidance on interpreting test results.
- Emergency Guidance to US Stroke Centers During COVID-19
Interim guidance from the American Stroke Association Stroke Council.
- COVID-19 and VTE/Anticoagulation FAQ
Resource from the American Society of Hematology.
- Webinar: COVID-19 & Thrombosis
Recording of a June 25 webinar organized by the American Society of Hematology.
- Bacterial and fungal co-infection in individuals with coronavirus: A rapid review to support COVID-19 antimicrobial prescribing
Article published May 2 in Clinical Infectious Diseases.
- Rates of Co-infection Between SARS-CoV-2 and Other Respiratory Pathogens
Research letter published April 15 in JAMA.
- Clinical course and outcomes of critically ill patients with SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a single-centered, retrospective, observational study
Article published February 24 in The Lancet.
- Clinical characteristics of 113 deceased patients with coronavirus disease 2019: retrospective study
Article published March 26 in The BMJ.
Post-Acute Care & Issues
- Duration of Isolation and Precautions for Adults with COVID-19
CDC guidance for clinicians on ending isolation and precautions for persons with COVID-19 using a symptom-based strategy.
- Symptom Duration and Risk Factors for Delayed Return to Usual Health Among Outpatients with COVID-19
A multistate CDC telephone survey of symptomatic adults indicating that 35% had not returned to their usual state of health when interviewed 2–3 weeks after testing.
- Persistent Symptoms in Patients After Acute COVID-19
Research letter published July 9 in JAMA.
- Journal of Immunology COVID-19 Page
A collection of the latest COVID-19 Immunology articles.
- Targeted Immunosuppression Distinguishes COVID-19 from Influenza in Moderate and Severe Disease
Pre-print article posted May 30 on MedRxiv.
- The emerging spectrum of COVID-19 neurology: clinical, radiological and laboratory findings
Article published July 8 in Brain.
Landscape of COVID-19 candidate vaccines
The World Health Organization’s frequently-updated overview of vaccines currently under development.
- Society of Critical Care Medicine Resources
Resources for ICU care.
- HCT Guidelines
Guidelines from the American Society for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy.
- Cancer Patient Care During COVID-19
FAQs from the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- COVID-19 Resources for the Cancer Care Community
Information for oncology care providers compiled by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
- Cardiac Guidance
Clinical guidance and practice updates from the American College of Cardiology.
- Using RAAS Antagonists in COVID-19
Joint statement from the ACC, American Heart Association and Heart Failure Society of America on renin angiotensin aldosterone system antagonists.
- Pediatric Care Resources
Clinical guidance from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Information for Healthcare Providers about Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children
Preliminary CDC guidance, including information about case definition and reporting.
- Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children in New York State
Study published June 29 in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- CDC Health Alert: Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children
May 14 alert with case definition and background information.
- Severe COVID-19 in Children and Young Adults in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Region
Article published May 12 in The Journal of Pediatrics.
- Outpatient COVID-19 Assessment and Management for Pregnant Women
ACOG-developed flowchart for clinicians.
- Care for People Living with HIV
Guidance from IDSA/HIVMA for clinicians and public health officials.
- COVID-19 and HIV: Resources for Health Care Providers
CDC fact sheet with recommendations and resources.
- Guidance for Persons with HIV
NIH interim official guidance.
- COVID-19 and People Living with HIV FAQ
HIVMA & allies’ updating resource designed for people living with HIV.
- PrEP During COVID-19
CDC guidance for providing PrEP when facility-based services and in-person patient-clinician contact is limited.
- HIV and COVID-19 Clinical Trials
Listings from ClinicalTrials.Gov.
Substance Use Disorder
- Buprenorphine Access During COVID-19
Guidance for clinicians from the American Society of Addiction Medicine.
- COVID-19 Resources for the Transplant Community
Information collected by the American Society of Transplantation.
- Organ Transplant Resources
Updates from the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network, American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons.
- IDSA Journals
The latest COVID-19 papers from Clinical Infectious Diseases, Journal of Infectious Diseases and Open Forum Infectious Diseases.
A curated literature hub for tracking up-to-date scientific information, hosted by NIH.
- COVID-19 Literature Situation Reports
Daily situation reports from the University of Washington (scroll down).
- COVID-19 Open Research Dataset
An extensive machine-readable literature collection.
- CURE ID App Lets Clinicians Report Novel Uses of Existing Drugs
App facilitating easy reporting on treating COVID-19 patients who are unable to be enrolled in a clinical trial.
- CDC Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Reports
CDC's primary vehicle for scientific publication of timely, reliable public health information.
- IDSA Outlines Key COVID-19 Research Questions and Recommendations
Research recommendations to drive the advancement of evidence-based prevention, diagnostics, and treatment.
- IDSA Directory of COVID-19 Registries
Open-access directory of COVID-19 registries.
- Request for Information on COVID-19 Patient Registries
Invitation to contribute to IDSA'S open-access directory of COVID-19 registries.
- COVID-19 Observational Clinical Trials (U.S.)
Listings from ClinicalTrials.Gov.
- COVID-19 Observational Clinical Trials (Worldwide)
Listings from ClinicalTrials.Gov.
- International Clinical Trials Registry Platform
The World Health Organization's searchable database.
- Fast Grants
An expedited funding opportunity for COVID-19 research.
- NIH Notice of Special Interest: Community-Engaged Research on COVID-19 Testing Among Underserved and/or Vulnerable Populations
Emergency Competitive Revisions available to active eligible NIH grants and cooperative agreements.
Deadline: August 8
- NIH Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics (RADx) Challenge
A fast-track technology development program offering up to $500 million for innovative SARS-CoV-2 testing strategies.
- Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients
NIH guidance and information.
- CDC Reopening Guidance
Comprehensive resource on surveillance, infection control, contact tracing, test usage, hospital indicators, and setting-specific guidance.
- Return-to-Work Criteria for Health Care Workers with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
Interim guidance from the CDC on return-to-work decisions.
- COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings
CDC health and safety guidance for office building employers, owners, managers and operations specialists.
- CDC Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had COVID-19 Exposure
Interim guidance from the CDC on critical infrastructure workers who have had an exposure but remain asymptomatic.
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic
IDSA-compiled directory of resources for clinicians.
- National Academy of Medicine Resources to Support the Health and Well-Being of Clinicians
Directory of resources for clinicians during COVID-19.
- Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress Resource Page
Fact sheets and other resources to support the health and well-being of communities impacted by COVID-19.
- Managing Mental Health During COVID
Strategies and resources from the American Medical Association.
Personal Protective Equipment
- University of Nebraska PPE Resources
Guidance on processes and procedures, including instructional videos.
- Beth Israel Lahey PPE Resources
Guidance on processes and procedures.
- Re-opening Facilities to Provide Non-emergent Non-COVID-19 Healthcare
CMS guidance for states and regions entering Phase II of federal re-opening criteria.
- HHS COVID-19 Workforce Virtual Toolkit
A collection of resources and tools for healthcare workforce management.
- CMS Regulatory Waivers and Rule Changes Announcement
April 30 press release on major new policies, including telephone payment parity.
- Paycheck Protection Program Fact Sheet
Information for borrowers from the Department of the Treasury.
- Paycheck Protection Program: A Practical Overview for ID Physicians
Video recording of a Hart Health Strategies webinar hosted on 4/28/20.
- CMS COVID-19 Stakeholder Calls
Recordings and transcripts of CMS stakeholder calls.
- CMS Coronavirus Waivers & Flexibilities
Information on all current CMS waivers and flexibilities.
- CMS Guidance for Health Facilities
CMS guidance for specific types of health care settings.
- AMA Caring For Our Caregivers Guide
Strategies for health system leadership to support physicians and care teams during COVID-19, compiled by the American Medical Association.
- CDC Infection Control Guidance
Interim guidance for healthcare settings.
- FDA Emergency Use Authorizations
List of current EUAs for COVID-19.
- Providing Telehealth and Virtual Care Services to Medicare Patients During COVID-19
Overview and FAQs developed by IDSA.
- Medicare Telehealth: What You Need To Know
Infographic from IDSA overviewing current CMS regulatory flexibilities.
- HHS Telehealth Resource Center for Providers
Tips and tools for establishing a telehealth program.
- Medicare Telehealth Services
Complete list of Medicare telehealth codes.
- Privileging Requirements When Providing Services via Telehealth Links During a Disaster
Information on requirements to provide care via telehealth services in an emergency or disaster situation.
- State-By-State Medicaid Telehealth Flexibilities
Official guidance compiled by the Center for Connected Health Policy.
- Telehealth for Rural Health Clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers
Guidance from CMS on new flexibilities and billing.
- Telehealth Resource Center
Assistance, education, and information on telehealth from the National Consortium of Telehealth Resource Centers.
- HIPAA and Telehealth Guidance
HHS notification of enforcement discretion for telehealth communications.
- Medicaid & CHIP Telehealth Toolkit
CMS resource intended for state policymakers.
Coverage & Payment
Financial Relief Options for PhysiciansIDSA-compiled directory of resources available to providers for relief and reimbursement as well as small business support during COVID-19.
CARES Act Provider Relief Fund FAQ
HHS guidance on eligibility and how to apply.
CMS Guidance on Coverage and Payment Related to COVID-19
CMS guidance on Medicare COVID-19 coverage.
HRSA COVID-19 Uninsured Claims Reimbursement
Portal to submit claims for COVID-19 testing and treatment for uninsured patients.
New CMS Hospital Procedure Codes for COVID-19 Therapeutics, 8/1/20
12 new ICD-10 procedure codes to describe the introduction or infusion of therapeutics, including remdesivir and convalescent plasma.
AMA Special Coding Advice
Coding guide from the AMA with clinical vignettes covering various settings, including telehealth.
CPT Reporting for COVID-19 Testing
Coding flowchart from the AMA.
CDC Interim Coding Guidance
Official ICD-10-CM coding guidance.
CMS Accelerated/Advanced Payment Policy & Telehealth Flexibilities “Dear Clinician”
Information on CMS’s expanded Accelerated and Advanced Payments Program and telehealth flexibilities.
Diagnostic Testing of Nursing Home Residents and Patients
June 19 memo from CMS summarizing updated COVID-19 testing guidelines and Medicare/Medicare Advantage coverage of lab tests in nursing home settings.
CMS Quality Payment Program Update
Announcement that COVID-19 clinical trial participation may now earn credit in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System.
CMS Accelerated/Advance Payment Policy
CMS fact sheet on its expanded Accelerated and Advance Payments Program.
- Medicare Billing FAQs
CMS addresses COVID-19-specific Medicare fee-for-service billing questions.
- Medicare Enrollment Relief FAQ
CMS FAQ on new enrollment flexibilities.
- Science Speaks
IDSA/HIVMA's global infectious diseases blog, with COVID-19 updates and member-authored analyses.
- Antimicrobial Resistance and COVID-19: How Congress Can Address Converging Crises
Video recording of a July 23 Congressional briefing webinar hosted by IDSA.
- Controlling COVID-19 Surge and Preparing for the Fall
Video recording of a Congressional briefing webinar hosted by IDSA, HIVMA, SHEA and PIDS in early July.
- WHO Situation Reports
Daily briefings by the World Health Organization.
- FDA Daily Roundups
Daily summaries of FDA actions related to COVID-19.
- Characteristics of Adult Outpatients and Inpatients with COVID-19 — 11 Academic Medical Centers, United States, March–May 2020
CDC data showing that fewer than half of COVID-19 patients were aware of recent close contact with an infected person.
- CDC U.S. COVID-19 Case Surveillance, January 22–May 30
Data indicating that COVID-19 leads to severe outcomes in older adults and those with underlying health conditions.
- Charitable Organizations Providing COVID-19 Relief Services
A directory compiled by IDSA.
- European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases COVID-19 Webinars
A series of webinars addressing various aspects of COVID-19, including infection control, diagnostics, international perspectives and public health.
- COVID-19 and Health Disparities in the United States
Issue brief from IDSA and HIVMA with policy recommendations.
- COVID-19 and Health Disparities: The Impact on Native American Communities
Recommendations for addressing disparities among Native American communities.
- COVID-19 and Health Disparities: The Impact on Black/African American Communities
Recommendations for addressing disparities among Black/African American communities.
- COVID-19 and Health Disparities: The Impact on Latinx Communities
Recommendations for addressing disparities among Latinx communities.
- COVID-19 Racial Disparity Data
County-level data obtained from the CDC by the New York Times.
- Association of Black Race with Outcomes in COVID-19 Disease: A Retrospective Cohort Study
Study published July 9 in the Annals of the American Thoracic Society.
- Strengthening the Response to COVID-19 in Correctional Facilities
IDSA and HIVMA recommendations for preventing and responding to outbreaks in correctional facilities.
- What the Experts Say About COVID-19 Risks
IDSA-developed infographic categorizing the risk level of common activities.
- How to Stay Safe During Re-opening
Infographic developed by IDSA for the general public.
- Reopening Safely: Help Stop the Spread of COVID-19
Public health best practices and resources compiled by IDSA and HIVMA.
- Face Coverings and Masks: Advice and Information for the General Public
Printable one-page document created by IDSA and HIVMA.
- Discontinuation of Isolation for Persons with COVID-19 Not in Healthcare Settings
CDC guidance updated July 20 supporting a symptom-based decisionmaking approach to ending isolation for most individuals.
- CDC Pandemic Planning Scenario Data
CDC’s current best estimate of COVID-19 R0, infection fatality ratio, and other key indicators. (Table 1, Scenario 5)
- CDC Parameter Values Related to Healthcare Usage
Timely high-level data on median timing and rates of progression of COVID-19 illness in the U.S. (Table 2)
- CDC Advice for Groups at Higher Risk for Severe Illness
Specific recommendations for older adults and for people of any age with serious underlying medical conditions.
- How to Protest Safely During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Guidance from the NYC Department of Health.
- Guidance for Those Protesting During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Information and FAQs from the University of Washington School of Medicine.
- Physical Distancing Fact Sheet
Information from IDSA and HIVMA with links to state and advocacy resources.
- Protecting Yourself from COVID-19
Illustrated, printable public health fact sheet developed by IDSA.
Letter to Congress on Addressing Antimicrobial Resistance in COVID-19 Response, 8/5/20
Joint letter urging Congress to address antimicrobial resistance in forthcoming COVID-19 legislation.
- Letter to White House Coronavirus Task Force on Mask Requirements, 8/5/20
IDSA and HIVMA advocate policy options to significantly increase mask use nationwide.
- Letter Urging Inclusion of People Living With HIV in COVID-19 Vaccine Trials, 7/29/20
IDSA and HIVMA writes to HHS Operation Warp Speed leadership on including PLWH and medically underserved communities in vaccine trials.
- Priorities for Next COVID-19 Response Legislation, 7/24/20
IDSA and HIVMA outline key issues for the next Congressional COVID-19 response bill.
- Group Letter Urging Action on PPE, Testing & Supplies to Protect Vulnerable Populations, 7/23/20
IDSA, HIVMA, and other organizations convened by the National Medical Association and the Rainbow PUSH Coalition urge federal action on PPE, COVID-19 testing and supplies.
- Letter Urging Administration to Reverse Course on COVID-19 Patient Data Reporting Change, 7/17/20
More than 100 organizations urge the Administration to protect data integrity, keep public health data public and invest in CDC data reporting.
- Letter to Vice President Pence and Sec Azar on Access to Remdesivir, 7/14/20
IDSA and HIVMA urge the administration to use every authority it has to ensure an adequate supply of remdesivir in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Priorities for Next COVID-19 Response Bill, 7/13/20
IDSA and HIVMA list priorities for Congress as it develops CARES Act follow-up legislation.
- Letter to HHS on Health System Resilience, 7/8/20
IDSA and HIVMA recommendations related to the ID/HIV workforce, PPE, testing capacity, masks and physical distancing, health disparities, contact tracing, research, and immunizations.
- Telehealth Stakeholder Letter to Congress, 6/29/20
IDSA joins over 300 organizations urging Congress to make current telehealth flexibilities permanent.
- IDSA and HIVMA Response to Senate Health Committee “Preparing for the Next Pandemic” White Paper
Recommendations to inform the development of pandemic preparedness legislation.
- IDSA-led Stakeholder Letter on AMR and Preparedness
Stakeholders highlight the need to address AMR as part of broader preparedness efforts.
- Initial Lessons Learned: Recommendations to Prepare for a Fall Surge of COVID-19 Cases
Preparedness policy recommendations from IDSA, HIVMA, and SHEA.
- Recommendations for Increasing Vaccination Rates in Children and Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic
IDSA, HIVMA, SHEA & PIDS recommend policies to increase immunization rates.
- Recommendations for U.S. Efforts to Strengthen Global Vaccination Coverage During the COVID-19 Pandemic
IDSA and HIVMA recommend policies to strengthen global immunization infrastructure.
- Strategies to Address Antimicrobial Drug Shortages, 6/1/20
Issue brief on current antimicrobial drug shortages and potential policy interventions.
- Priorities for Next COVID-19 Response Legislation, 5/26/20
IDSA and HIVMA outline key issues for the next COVID-19 response bill.
- Letter Urging U.S. Participation in Global COVID-19 Vaccine Efforts, 5/21/20
IDSA leads over 20 organizations in expressing concern that lack of U.S. participation in global vaccine activities may slow vaccine development and access.
- Letter Asking Ambassador Birx for Remdesivir Distribution Discussion, 5/14/20
IDSA and HIVMA letter requesting a meeting with White House Coronavirus Task Force Coordinator on continuing uncertainty surrounding access.
- Letter on Loan Forgiveness for Frontline Health Workers Act, 5/12/20
IDSA and HIVMA letter endorsing legislation to provide loan forgiveness for ID/HIV physicians and other frontline health care professionals.
- Letter of Concern Regarding EcoHealth Alliance Grant Termination, 5/11/20
IDSA, HIVMA, PIDS and the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene express concern about a coronavirus-focused NIH grant’s termination.
- IDSA Statement on Need for a National Reopening Plan, 5/8/20
IDSA calls for strong and specific federal guidance.
- IDSA Comments on White House Blueprint for Testing & Rapid Response, 5/8/20
Letter offering evidence-based key considerations.
- IDSA Comments on CURES 2.0 Concept Paper and COVID-19, 5/6/20
Letter to Hill leaders offering feedback on policy proposals relevant to pandemic preparedness and response.
- Ensuring Fair and Equitable Distribution of Remdesivir, 5/6/20
IDSA and HIVMA letter to the White House Coronavirus Task Force.
- IDSA and HIVMA Letter to Congress on Medical Supply Chain, 4/23/20
Letter in support of H.R. 6390, a bill to require emergency production of medical equipment.
- Policy and Public Health Recommendations for Easing COVID-19 Distancing Restrictions, 4/16/20
IDSA and HIVMA recommendations on when and how to ease distancing measures.
- IDSA and HIVMA Letter to Department of State, 4/16/20
Letter urging Department of State and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to ensure foreign-born international medical graduates are able to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Infectious Diseases Leaders Respond to President Trump’s Defunding of the World Health Organization, 4/15/20
A joint statement from IDSA, HIVMA, SHEA, PIDS, and SIDP.
- IDSA/HIVMA Letter to Congress, 4/7/20
Letter to Congressional leaders on top priorities for next major COVID-19 legislation.
- Outbreak Activation Reimbursement for Providers on the Frontlines of the COVID-19 Response
IDSA’s request to Congress for a Medicare coding pathway for outbreak activation activities.