A media briefing with experts from the Infectious Diseases Society of America to discuss coronavirus as it relates to detection and treatment of seasonal influenza.
Topical Agenda for September 10 Briefing:
- The 2020-21 flu season & COVID-19
- What to expect from the flu this winter
- When / how / where to get vaccinated for the flu
- COVID-19 and the seasonal flu: similarities and differences
- When to get tested?
- What has infectious diseases experts and hospitals most worried?
- Questions from media
Jeanne Marrazzo, MD, MPH, FIDSA—Birmingham, AL
Member, Board of Directors—Infectious Diseases Society of America
Director, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Leonard A. Mermel, DO, ScM, AM (Hon), FACP, FIDSA, FSHEA—Providence, RI
Fellow—Infectious Diseases Society of America
Professor of Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Adjunct Clinical Professor, University of Rhode Island College of Pharmacy
Medical Director, Department of Epidemiology & Infection Control, Rhode Island Hospital
Chris Busky, CAE (Moderator)
Chief Executive Officer, Infectious Diseases Society of America