The IDSA Medical Education Community of Practice (COP) represents members of the IDSA working to:
- Support the community of ID clinician educators
- Enhance the teaching skills of IDSA members
- Support growth of infectious diseases health professions education scholarship
The community is organized into three working groups
- Lead the development and submission of health professions education-related sessions at IDWeek in partnership with Program Committee members responsible for health profession education content.
- Review IDWeek Medical Education abstract submissions.
- Organize the IDSA Medical Education COP Meeting at IDWeek each year.
- Organize and runs the IDSA Clinician Educator Coaching Program.
- Develop programs to support career advancement for clinician-educators.
Teaching and Learning Resources Workgroup
Click here to access the resources produced and curated by the Teaching and Learning Resources Workgroup.
- Develop material to support the IDSA community to be better teachers and curate resources for ID Clinician Educators to enhance their skills in Health Professions Education.
Follow the Teaching and Learning Resources Workgroup at @IDSAMEDEDCOP
Interested in joining the community?
We welcome all IDSA members, including trainees, and encourage physicians, pharmacists, and allied health professionals to join.
- Visit https://my.idsociety.org/home
- Sign in to your account.
- Navigate to All Communities under the Communities tab.
- Search for the Medical Education Community of Practice.
- Click the blue “Join” button.