IDSA is committed to serving the needs of our members—what matters most to you, matters most to us.
Our work is guided by our mission: to improve the health of individuals, communities, and society by promoting excellence in patient care, education, research, public health, and prevention.
The priorities of IDSA are rooted in science and in our commitment to meeting the needs of the infectious disease community and the patients whom we serve. These priorities are also guided by principles related to inclusion, diversity, access and equity: cultivating a welcoming environment where differences are embraced, valued, and respected; ensuring that processes, policies, and practices foster fairness, belonging, equity, and reflect the views and values of our Society; and guaranteeing transparency to promote fair treatment and access to opportunities for all members within all levels of the organization.
- To promote the value of the ID specialist
- To attract the best and brightest to the field of ID
- To promote ID leadership in antimicrobial resistance and antimicrobial stewardship
- To continue to produce useful, timely, and relevant guidelines
- To promote ID/HIV research and its clinical translation
- To advocate for essential funding for critical prevention and public health programs in ID and HIV
To view the progress of our strategic plan, click here.
To share your thoughts about the work of the Society, what excites you about the future of ID, or the challenges you face, or to gather input from colleagues on a question related to your work, visit the members-only community, MyIDSA.