The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a community of over 13,000 physicians, scientists and public health experts who specialize in infectious diseases. Our purpose is to improve the health of individuals, communities, and society by promoting excellence in patient care, education, research, public health, and prevention relating to infectious diseases.
- Advance IDSA's Role as a Preeminent Source of Information and Knowledge
- Champion the Essential Value of the ID Physician in Improving Health Outcomes
- Expand IDSA's Impact in Advancing Quality Patient Care, Driving Research and Promoting Public Health
- Position IDSA as a leader in the nation’s efforts to bring COVID-19 to a close and successfully prepare for and respond to future pandemics
- Optimize the development, dissemination and adoption of timely and relevant ID guidance and guidelines to improve the outcomes of clinical care.
- Quantify, communicate and advocate for the value of ID physicians to increase professional fulfillment and compensation.
- Facilitate the growth and development of the ID workforce to meet emerging scientific, clinical, and leadership needs.
- Develop and position a new tool to serve as the leading US benchmark to measure and drive national progress on AMR.