Lead the Future of ID
The Infectious Diseases Society of America seeks to prepare infectious diseases and HIV practitioners across the healthcare team to meet the challenges of today and rise to the opportunities of tomorrow.
Launched in 2019, the IDSA Leadership Institute began as a multi-day, intensive training focused on mid- and senior-career professionals. Since our launch, the Leadership Institute has grown and now offers development opportunities across the professional hierarchy.
There are now two programs within the IDSA Leadership Institute.
Community of Leaders replaces our original intensive program. It retains the focus on mid- and senior career professionals seeking to join an ever-growing community of professionals seeking to accelerate their careers and amplify change initiatives.
Rising Leaders is built from the ground up to help emerging leaders lay a foundation for early career success and future learning opportunities.
- Join growing community of ascending and established leaders from diverse practice settings
- Establish and communicate a personal philosophy of leadership and management
- Evaluate and improve essential leadership behaviors through the use of a high-quality, valid, and reliable 360-degree assessment tool (The Leadership Practices Inventory 360+®)
- Codify strategies to plan, manage and implement change initiatives
- Application Opens: August 24, 2021
- Application Deadline: November 12, 2021
- Selection Decisions Announced: January 2022
Asynchronous Activities: February to May 2022
2022 Community of Leaders In-Person Capstone: Monday, May 16 & Tuesday, May 17
Learn More & Apply
Community of Leaders employs a competitive application process. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the FAQ before applying.
- Work with a small group of peers in Accountability Groups, small, persistent, 4 to 6 person cohorts designed to aid learning, community development, and goal setting
Create detailed action plans focused on topics important to professionals at the start of their leadership journey
- Reflect on their existing leadership skills using the powerful and simple Leadership Practices Inventory – Self® assessment
- Registration Opens: August 24, 2021
- Registration Closes: December 10, 2021
- Course Opens: January 1, 2022
- Course Concludes: March 3, 2022
Learn More & Register
Rising Leaders employs an open registration process and is capped at 50 attendees. Registrants are strongly encouraged to review the FAQ before registering.