ICYMI: What’s Hot on MyIDSA
- Changing names of microbes -- how to cope?
- Buprenorphine Waiver Training Course IDWeek 2019
- NIAID Final Fiscal Year 2019 K Award Paylines
How to mention a member in your discussion post on MyIDSA.
@mentions allow you to tag other IDSA members in various locations in the MyIDSA community, including discussion posts.
Here's how it works:
- You can initiate an @mention by typing "@", and then start typing the name of the participant who should be @mentioned.
- As you start typing, you'll see a list of suggested people to choose from.
- Select the person you'd like to @mention in the list of suggestions by clicking their name.
- The @mention will become a hyperlink to the @mentioned individual's community profile and the @mentioned person will receive a real-time email notification.
How this can help you:
For example, I'm reading a thread and think that one of my colleagues may have some insight to share about the topic. I could @mention my colleague in a discussion reply, and they would receive an email notification that they were mentioned in my discussion post, prompting them to view and participate in the thread.
Another great use for this when responding to a discussion post is to @mention the person who asked the original question. By @mentioning the asker in your response, they'll receive an email notification letting them know that they've been @mentioned, prompting them to check out your response to their question.